Good morning, folks!
Is there any better way to start your day than taking a deep breath before you go? I do this myself, enjoying the crisp air of the early morning, it gives me the right mood and energy to start my day. Air is also evoked by today’s word by A.Word.A.Day. – air in, air out, circulating in our body, flowing in our veins, flying away from our mouth as a breath, as a word, as an idea …
1. To pronounce a sound with an exhalation of breath.
2. To pronounce the h sound at the beginning of a word as (hwich) for which.
3. To inhale something (such as a fluid) into the lungs, as after throwing up.
4. To draw a fluid from a body cavity by suction.noun:
1. The sound represented by h.
2. A speech sound followed by an audible puff of breath.
3. The matter removed from a body cavity by suction.
Steven Mirkin; Woody Allen and His New Orleans Jazz Band at UCLA; The Hollywood Reporter; Dec 31, 2011.
Alexandra Coghlan; A Voice That Destroyed Itself; New Statesman (London, UK); Feb 20, 2012.
Benefit Dinner; Idaho State Journal (Pocatello); Dec 1, 2011.